Schedule & Pay:
$33,500/yr. 1099 Contract Position, 20 hours per week (There is a potential for this to be a full time job)
Are you someone who has a deep passion for working with a grassroots organization to achieve and sustain deep equity by building power to those historically underrepresented and reimagine a community where justice exists for all people? If so, join Racial Justice Coalition (RJC) team as the Community Liaison.
The Community Liaison will advance the mission and values of the Racial Justice Coalition and collaborate with other movement-building organizations throughout the greater Asheville community. Coordinate and execute events and projects that strengthen and broaden RJC’s presence and build authentic relationships within communities most impacted by racial profiling, policing, and criminalization.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Strengthen RJC’s established partnership and build new partnerships with organizations with similar missions and values
- Create and implement a Strategic Plan that provides direction to RJC staff and partners regarding community engagement expansion
- Work closely with Outreach Engagement Coordinator to develop and execute impactful community projects and events
- Prepare monthly work plan with goals and deliverables and share with RJC teammates
- Attend City and County Commissions/Committee meetings and provide updates to RJC and member organizations
Highly Preferred Qualification:
- Lived experiences that reflect the mission and values of Racial Justice Coalition
- A trusted member of communities of color with a deep understanding of the racial history and legacy of Asheville
- Self-starter/self-motivated work ethic with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Effective communication skills with the ability to provide transparency to the community being served
- Willingness to actively engage with law enforcement to achieve RJC’s vision and mission
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office technology
Job descriptions will be reviewed from time to time and updated depending on the organization’s changing needs.
RJC is looking for applicants committed to social justice work, and applicants from diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. Previous justice involvement (formerly incarcerated) is not a barrier for the right candidate. Send a resume, brief cover letter, and references to AdvancingLivesLLC@gmail.com.
Advancing Lives, LLC will filter all applicants, and top candidates will interview with Racial Justice Coalition’s leadership team.