We’ve come a long way this year
2020 brought many challenges, and we’re proud of how we tackled them. With your support, we’ll accomplish even more next year.
Bringing the Community Together
You can invest in reimagining an anti-racist Asheville by supporting the Walk the Walk Campaign.
Want to be a part of the Racial Justice Coalition’s work to reform our city?
Black Asheville Demands
An intergenerational collective of Black leaders in Asheville have made some important demands of our city.
Support the RJC
For this critical work to continue in Asheville – addressing systemic racism and state-sanctioned violence against Black people and those most impacted by poverty, criminalization, and mass incarceration – we rely on generous donations from supporters like you.
The Racial Justice Coalition (RJC) is a broad-based alliance of individuals and organizations committed to addressing systemic racism and state-sanctioned violence against Black people and those most impacted by poverty, criminalization, and mass incarceration. Through grassroots-led organizing and community collaborations, the RJC seeks to achieve and sustain deep equity by building power to those historically underrepresented, dismantling policies and institutions that uphold racism, and reimagining a community where justice exists for all people.
- We believe that our community must commit to reparations for Black people
- We believe in divesting from traditional law enforcement in order to invest in the Black community
- We believe in radically reimagining public safety in the city of Asheville, Buncombe County and Western North Carolina
- We believe that the criminalization of Black people intersects with the inequities of many marginalized groups
- We believe that movement and organizing work rooted in structural racism should be Black-led
- We believe that grassroots leadership is directly linked to building community
- We believe in centering those most impacted by systemic racism and oppression
- We believe that undoing racism includes the long-haul work of shifting power and reallocating resources
- We believe in transformative and healing justice
- We believe in creating transformational relationships, not transactional
- We believe that none of us are free, until all of us are free